EventXtra on a mission to helps event organizer and manager to cut cost and time through replacing labor-intensive task by mobile technology and make it extremely accessible everywhere. We provide checkin system, participant management, event engagement, instant polling, instant feedback and post event networking with accessible prices and easy-to-use functionality for all phone users. The reason behind our vision is the frustration of boring events and low efficiency during events and post event for both event organizers and participants. Our vision is to see a world where event management, interactions, feedback and networking are done efficiently and without any more physical limitations. Therefore, we are fully committed to protect your privacy and to communicate how we collect and process data transparently.
Information that you provide to us
When you interact with us through the Services, we may collect information that you provide, such as when you:
- Create or modify your account;
- Subscribe for a paid account;
- Send questions or comments via email, social media, or our Help Center;
- Or, otherwise, communicate with us through the Services.
The types of personal information that you provide may include:
- Your name and email;
- Postal address, billing address, tax identification number, contact information of an billing representative;
- Other contact or identifying information that you choose to provide.
Information that we collect automatically from you
Our system (aided by the use of browser cookies) may automatically record certain information about your use of the Services, such as:
- Account activity;
- User interface usage (e.g., displayed dialogs, or clicks on UI elements);
- Basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.).
We may also collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction. Such error reports may contain information about your usage of the Services and may be reviewed by EventXtra employees to help resolve problems with the Services.
Information we collect from third parties
We may obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through the Services. For example, if you create or log into your account through a third-party social networking site, we will have access to your email address, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such third-party social networking site.
If you subscribe for a paid account, we may receive information about your purchase from our third-party payment processors. This information will not include your full credit card information.
We use analytics services and software provided by third parties to help us understand how users access and use the Services. These tools and services place browser cookies, tracking pixels, or related technology on our Services to enable them to track usage data. The data collected typically includes information such as your interface usage (e.g., displayed dialogs or clicks on UI elements) and basic access information (e.g., browser version, IP address, date and time of access, cookie ID, referrer URL, etc.).
How do we use your information
The information that you provided to us or that we collected from you or third parties is used for the purposes described in this Policy or otherwise disclosed to you in connection with the Services. Such uses may include for example:
- Operate and improve the Services;
- Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions, and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices;
- Send you assistance materials, including instructions for specific product features or video tutorials, based on your usage pattern of the Services;
- Send you product update materials, including promotional information about new products and product features, enhancements, special offers, and other events of interest from EventXtra;
- Send you usage collaboration notices, security alerts, and support or administrative messages;
- Respond to your reviews, comments, questions and requests, and provide customer service;
- Monitor and evaluate activity trends and usage patterns in connection with the Services;
- Personalize the Services.
Data you create or upload to EventXtra may—based on the visibility settings of your documents—be read, copied, used and redistributed by people you know or by people you do not know. Use care when disclosing personal or sensitive information which may identify you or anyone else.
We may review public documents for diagnostics and product improvement purposes. Private documents may only be reviewed by our staff with your explicit consent for troubleshooting purposes.
Your personal data will be retained until: (i) you actively exercise your rights to delete them as listed below, or (ii) your account is terminated.
When do we share your information
We do not sell your personal information.
We may share personal information in the limited circumstances spelled out below and with appropriate safeguards on your privacy:
Agents, consultants and related third parties: Like many businesses, we sometimes hire third-party vendors, consultants and other service providers who work on our behalf, host our data, and need access to your information to carry out their work for us. We ensure that all these entities are compliant with this Policy, the EU General Data Protection Regulations or the EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks. All these third parties have agreed to maintain the confidentiality, security, and integrity of the personal information they obtain from us. Unless we notify you otherwise and provide you with an opportunity to opt out, they will not use your personal information for any purpose other than as described in this Policy.
Business transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
Legal requirements: We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (i) Comply with a legal obligation; (ii) Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company or Related Companies; (iii) Protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public; or (iv) Protect against legal liability.
How do we keep your data secure
EventXtra takes all reasonable steps to ensure that your data remains available to you only and to protect it from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. The actual safeguards in place are documented in our Security Policy.
Your choices and your rights
With regards to how we handle your personal information, you have several choices available. Exercise your rights by changing your account settings or getting in touch with us at [email protected]
- Access, edit, delete or limit your personal information: If you have an account with us, you may review, update, or delete optional account information at any time. Please keep in mind that some information, like your billing data, is necessary for getting access to paid features.
- Opt-out of electronic communications: You may opt out of receiving promotional and assistance emails from us at any time. If you opt out of promotional or assistance messages, we may still send you other messages, like those about your account and legal notices (“transactional messages”).
- Terminate your account: You can terminate your account or schedule your subscription cancelation (for next renewal interval) at any time. Please keep in mind that we may continue to retain some of your information after closing your account when that information is reasonably required to comply with legal obligations or reasonably needed for our legitimate business interests.
- Set your browser to reject cookies: You can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies before using our websites. Please keep in mind that some websites and features may not function properly without the aid of cookies.
European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) compliance
If you are located in specific countries, including those that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (AKA the “GDPR”), data protection laws give you rights concerning your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data.
- EU individuals also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
You can usually access, correct, or delete your personal data using your account settings and tools that we offer. However, if you aren’t able to do that, or you would like to contact us about one of the other rights above, please contact us at [email protected]
Legal bases for collecting and using information
There are several reasons, why we may be obliged to use your personal information, such as:
- To fulfill our commitments to you under our Terms of Service or other agreements with you;
- To administer your account—for example, to enable access to the Services for you, or charge you for a paid subscription;
- For compliance with any legal obligations;
- To protect your vital interests or those of another person;
- To provide and update the Services, to improve the Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience, to safeguard the Services, to communicate with you, to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising, and better understand user retention and attrition, to monitor and prevent any problems with the Services, and to personalize your experience;
- Or because you have given us your consent.